REPORTS TO: Dispatch Manager
PRINCIPAL DUTIES (including, but not limited to):
• Making sure buses are arriving and departing on time
• Schedule and dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles to appropriate locations according to needs, using radios or telephones.
• Arrange for necessary repairs in order to restore service and schedule
• Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from work crews, supervisors, and field inspectors using telephones or two-way radios
• Confer with customers or supervising personnel in order to address questions, problems, and requests for service or equipment
• Monitor the GPS to ensure Hop On Hop Off buses are properly spaced out, monitor location of all buses and oversea tour operations for bus location to be sure we are on schedule.
• Prepare daily work and run schedules
• Receive or prepare work orders
• Performs other related work as required.
• Assist with charter inquiries, charter quotations and charter contracting
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS AND SKILLS:
• Must have High School Diploma
• Three (3) year of work experience scheduling transportation routes or dispatching vehicles
• Good knowledge of the maintenance and operation of buses
• Familiarity with all rules, regulations and policies regarding transportation
• Ability to coordinate and schedule bus routes; ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the bus drivers
• Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the essential duties of the position; ability to use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail, and database software
• Good judgment
• Clerical aptitude
• Physical condition commensurate with the duties of the position
• Ability to work in all conditions including outdoors in the elements
• Must be able to perform necessary tasks on the computer, proficient in the companies charter, tour and maintenance program (ATD) as well as proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Working with the Vice President of Operations and the Safety/Fleet Manager ensure our drivers and guides are properly uniformed and dressed for the day.
• Job requires a flexible schedule and will require pre-scheduled weekday and weekends to perform job duties.
• Perform other duties as may arise during the workweek.
• Salary as agreed upon with goals with a 90 day probationary period.
• Completes work within established deadlines and timelines.
SALARY AND COMPENSATION:
• Position an hourly position
• 401 K Plan
• Salary is based on qualifications and experience at an hourly rate with a probationary review after 90 days.
ONCE HIRED, APPLICANTS WOULD NEED TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING TO BEGIN:
• A completed job application
• Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test as a condition of employment with random testing occurring throughout the year.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour
• San Francisco, CA
• High school or equivalent
• Motorcoach Safety and Dispatch: 1 year